Dreamworks released casting details about The Bad Guys, its next feature film.The film is set to be released on April 15, 2022. Here’s what we now know about the film:
- The voice cast of the film: Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri), Awkwafina (The Farewell and the upcoming Marvel film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings), Marc Maron (Glow), Craig Robinson (Hot Tub Time Machine), Anthony Ramos (In the Heights), Richard Ayoade (Paddington 2), Zazie Beetz (Joker), Lilly Singh (Bad Moms), and Alex Borstein (Lois Griffin on Family Guy).
- The Bad Guys is based on the New York Times best-selling Scholastic book series by Aaron Blabey. The heist story follows “a crackerjack criminal crew of animal outlaws as they attempt their most challenging con yet — becoming model citizens.”
- The director of The Bad Guys is Pierre Perifel, a longtime Dreamworks animator who co-directed the studio’s recent short film Bilby.
- Damon Ross (development executive Trolls, The Boss Baby; co-producer, Nacho Libre) and Rebecca Huntley (associate producer, The Boss Baby) will produce. Aaron Blabey, Etan Cohen, and Patrick Hughes will executive produce.
- The Bad Guys is one of two films that the studio currently has slated for released next year; the other is Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, which is due in fall 2022.